Family Law Attorney
(424) 500-2983

Playa Vista Family Law Order Enforcement Lawyer

If your former spouse or any other party to a Playa Vista family law case fails to follow through with their court-ordered obligations, it may be necessary to seek enforcement of the order. California law provides several ways to enforce family law orders including child support and spousal support. At the Law Offices of Evan Braunstein, our Playa Vista family law order enforcement attorneys are experienced in enforcing family law orders.

No matter the specific circumstances of your case, our legal team is here, ready to help. Not only do we promise high-quality legal service, but Evan Braunstein will always handle you sensitive family law matters with the attention, care and compassion that your case deserves. For a free, no obligation family law order enforcement legal consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our Playa Vista, CA office today.   

Types of Family Law Orders

Under the California family law code, there are many different types of family law orders that can be issued by the state’s courts. The specific type of enforcement order that will be necessary in your case will always depend on the underlying facts and circumstances. Ultimately, family law court order enforcement is designed to ensure that all parties follow through with their legal obligations. For example, if your former spouse falls behind on their child support obligations, but you know they have the resources to keep up with payments, you can take action to recover money or real property to account for the violation. Alternatively, if your child’s other parent refuses to stick to the terms of the child custody agreement or child visitation schedule, you can take legal action to get the court to step in and address that type of issue as well.

Depending on the facts of your case and the order, the following enforcement methods may available to you:

  • Earnings Assignment Order (also known as a Wage Assignment)
  • Writ of Execution
  • Judgment Lien on Real Property
  • Deposit of Assets to Secure Child Support Payments
  • Child Support Security Deposit
  • Contempt Proceedings
  • Appointment of Receiver

Why You Might Need to Get Family Law Orders Enforced

When a California court issues family law orders, of any kind, it expects that order to be followed. However, as we all know, that is not always how it plays out in reality. In far too many cases, people simply ignore court orders. Unfortunately, California court orders are not self-enforcing. If your former spouse, partner or any other person is failing to comply with a court order, you will need to take legal action to protect your rights. Enforcement orders come in an array of different forms. The most important thing you need to know about court enforcement is that these orders will always be tailored to address a specific violation or infringement of your family law rights that took place. More specifically, you may need to take action to get a family law order enforced to:

  1. Rectify the violation that has already occurred;
  2. Punish the offending party; and
  3. Deter further violations.

How Our Playa Vista Family Law Attorney Can Help

If you find yourself in a position where you need a court order to be enforced, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced Southern California lawyer as soon as possible. Beyond the stress and frustration that, through no fault of your own, you are undoubtedly stuck dealing with, you are facing a very complex legal process.

There is good news: You have many different legal options available to seek enforcement. Further, you do not necessarily even need a court to fix the problem in every case. Sometimes, the mere mention of potential court involvement will encourage the violating party to change their behavior. Though, sadly, this is not always how it works. Further, navigating the legal process can be extremely challenging. You need to make sure that your family law rights are fully protected; you should not try to deal with this issue all on your own.

Our Playa Vista family law order enforcement lawyer will review your case in detail, clearly explaining your legal rights and legal options to you, and then determine the precise steps you need to take to fix the problem. For example, say that you need to get a California child custody order enforced, perhaps because your child’s other parent is continuously violating the terms of the custody agreement, and infringing upon your basic parental rights. If you cannot informally convince the other parent to uphold their end of the deal, you may need to file Form FL-400, seeking contempt of court order. Not only is this a very serious action to take, but it is also complicated. Our dedicated family law team will make sure that you are able to get things done the right way.

Contact Our Top-Rated Playa Vista, CA Family Law Attorney Today

At the Law Offices of Evan Braunstein, we understand that enforcing a Playa Vista family law order can be an expensive and frustrating process. We will help you seek an efficient, cost-effective solution that best protects your rights and preserves your familial relationships. If you would like to seek enforcement of an order in your case or have had an enforcement action filed against you, call or email the Law Offices of Evan Braunstein to schedule a free consultation. Our firm represents clients in Playa Vista and throughout Southern California, including in Los Angeles County and Orange County.

Evan Braunstein
Phone: (424) 500-2983
Fax: (310) 492-4025

Quick Contact